Monday, November 14, 2011

Goodnight America continues

Yesterday I did another shoot for my series Goodnight America. I went to the former Hutier Kaserne in Hanau. After the last American Army personnel left the city in 2008, the facilities were left alone and nature took over. Last year the fences were taken down and on site the new headquarter of the fire brigade was built.

Slowly the whole area is changing again, since investors bought buildings and the renovation has started.

Very soon there won't be anything left of the old times and the site will look totally different.

I have to admit that I wasn't so excited about this series anymore, but after my shoot yesterday I think it's worthwhile to continue, since this was a huge part of history here in Hanau.














© copyright all images Michael Werner

No comments: