Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Close to Heaven

I am working on the edit of my new series called Close to Heaven.

When I was a child, my parents and I drove every summer to Austria for our two weeks of holidays. For me it was the happiest time of my life. I felt so great and full of life and joy in this landscape.

The mountains were the most amazing thing I have ever seen and climbing up a mountain was just like being in heaven for me. When the end of our two weeks came and we had to go back, I sat in the car and the only thing I wanted, was staying near my beloved mountains. The closer we came to Munich and the landscape got flatter I had to cry because I couldn't see any mountains anymore.

A couple of years ago, I went back to Austria and the feelings were still as strong and intense as in my childhood. With this series I want to keep my memories forever, my feelings of being "Close to Heaven"






















© copyright all images Michael Werner



No comments: